Finally! Anića kuk!
So the film is almost done! I just wanted to show some more work in progress, so, here it is, one of the backgrounds made by Natalia Marcos :)
Dialog Line Test
This is just one of many dialogue shots in the movie. I did it on ones, twos and trees, just to test how will it behave, and will it be fluid enough. But because style of animation is a bit rigid,I was quite satisfied with the end result.
The color script is still evolving, so don’t be surprised if you see different solutions in the film. I find colors extremely demanding, but extremely fun.
This is one of the background with the close up of the rock texture. And its of course climbers best friend :)
Ah, beautiful world of Uv mapping. So, this is the Uv map for Anića Kuk model, painted in Photoshop. I tried to paint in the same style as the backgrounds, but again, remain true to the original. We were quite satisfied with the end result.
Visual look test 001
Finally some look tests with 3D background. I am satisfied with the result and I’m thinking that we are going in the right direction. Marco Martellato modeled very simple rock shape, and then I painted the texture. I really wanted to avoid 3D look, and the only reason why I am putting 3D background is to create feeling of space, and to achieve depth. First I was thinking of using multiplane camera to achieve three-dimensional effect, but results was not satisfying enough. I want viewer to experience vertigo effect and to have a feeling of space. So I can say that this results make me happy.
Animation test 003
More animation tests :))) Same thing, testing my characters and how do they look in motion.
Animation Test 002
So finally some movement to see :)
This is the second animation test to determine, well, a lot of stuff. First I took voice line that I find appropriate. Just to check how I can move my characters when they are acting. I made this animation on ones, twos, threes and fours. It was on purpose to see how much I can manipulate animation, and how much is noticeable I am quite happy with the result. Also I wanted to setup coloring and compositing process.
Also what I can see now is that I need to make model sheet for my hand gestures and for generic mouth shapes, but I am definitely approaching the animation style that I have envisioned.
After nine weeks of Digital Painting Course with Bobby Chiu I decide to paint a background test. I have to say that I had a blast with all the assignments and I have learned a lot. Also I have to say big thanks to my friend Paolo Giandoso who gave me some awesome technical and artistic tips.
Purpose of this test was to determine final look of the backgrounds and to see how the characters blend in. I’m almost satisfied. Now all I need is color script and painting can begin :)
Storyboard and Animatic finished!
So, before end of 2012 I finish my storyboard and animatic. Now I am making changes, because as always, making film a require lot of thinking and trying out different things. I just wanted to share piece of it so you can see the progress, and to make a little teaser.
New trip to National Park Paklenica!
So, again I took advantage of NP Paklenica but this time for ambient sounds. It was a short trip but quite successful. I mange to record typical ambient sound of that place. Again, it was possible because of Bold studio, management of NP Paklenica, but this time I also had help of my two great friends, Aleksandar and Danijel Keravica. They also took lots of awesome photos that I will be using for the film. Thanks again guys! Anyway, next week we will start to record our voice actors, so new challenges are up ahead.
Film Look Test
Just a try out of painting backgrounds, and combining it with my characters. I’m still not completely satisfied, but I know the direction I want to take. Also I just stared Digital Painting with Bobby Chiu, so I know it will get better.